Since about 1992, one of my nearest and dearest friends has been Erica F. With the last few years of crazy moving, 2 kids for us, 1 kid for her, etc...we haven't gotten to spend a good chunk of time together to REALLY catch up. I'd only spent time with her 1 year old a few times and she hadn't even met Ainsley yet...so I was SHOCKED when Adam came home from work last Monday with Erica and Madelyn in his car!!! It was a TOTAL SURPRISE and I had almost a full week with them here! (Special THANKS to Matt for 'allowing' them to visit while he "bachelor-ed" it for the week). It was SUCH a great time and I'll stick pictures up here later today. I'm trying to figure out how to scan in some older pics from Erica and I, too. There are some great shots out there from the last 16 or so years of friendship!!! WOW. =)
It is crazy to think that it all started (basically) with the dance studio we were part of in High School, being college roommates, weddings, now 3 kids between us, and MANY moves, etc...it was so fun to encourage each other in all kinds of "life stuff" from parenting, marriages, careers, finances, etc...and go on walks, cook a bunch of meals, tour historic Charleston, and just spend time together. God truly has brought us FAR from where we started as friends. It's so cool and I'm SO thankful for any time with good friends, ESPECIALLY when it's almost a WEEK worth of quality-time. Madelyn is an adorable little girl who LOVES dancing and totally loves our dog Gus (who doesn't!?!). Elise was pretty good at sharing with Madelyn and gave us hope for how Elise will deal with Ainsley as they get a little older together.
1 comment:
so very precious. I am amazed how much Madelyn looks like Matt-so cute to see them altogether. You all have a lot of 'years' together. Adam did "good" bringing them there.
Post a Comment