Tuesday, June 22, 2010

SWIMMING, SWIMMING, SWIMMING



Once again, we caved and got a backyard inflatable pool. Re-read my last blog about WHY we built a huge swingset and now apply it to a public pool. Not even mentioning the gross heat(ok, not as gross as when we lived in SC, but still HOT and MUGGY), but it's just a bit overwhelming to be at a big pool trying to chase the girls around a pool deck, catch them as they jump in the water, and continue holding a 9 month old who SO wants to be crawling around on his own. So, we ended up with a 8 foot diameter pool with a filter and cover...and the girls (and mommy) LOVE IT! Even more so than last year because thanks to swimming lessons, they're way more independent and confident in the water. Elise is actually SWIMMING, which is really cool and Ainsley doesn't get upset or panic when her face goes under. It's a blast. We've been outside in the backyard for about an hour and 1/2 EVERY DAY for the last 3 weeks... everyone sleeps better, the girls are playing well together, Mitchell's monitor sits next to us while he naps upstairs...it's great. So here are a few pics from the last few weeks. Mitchell has only been in 2 or 3 times and he's kind of so-so on the whole thing. I would be, too, though, with the amount of splashing, shrieking, jumping, bumping, etc...that Elise and Ainsley create =)


This is actually a smile...=)

She closes her eyes, counts to 3, and "dives"...

5 comments:

SarahRachel said...

Awesome!! Your back yard is becoming a regular amusement park of fun! =)

Anonymous said...

Those pic's are fabulous. They look like they're having a blast.
Nana

jennifer said...

LOVE these pictures... and I'm so glad to see Ainsley enjoying the water so much... do I see swim team in her future? Elise is more beautiful every day and Mitchell just might have the best smile I've seen. I want a pool...

Anonymous said...

I love the pix and pool. so next year Mitchell gets a track and bumper cars--right?? Only fair....
mimi

Anonymous said...

Erica! I LOVE your blog. I am defnitely addicted as I check every other day while I'm eating lunch :)Will you email me your email address? melaniek@placeofhope.com
Your kids are adorable! Melanie