Monday, October 18, 2010

oh, man...

I'm so behind on this thing. It bothers me for two reasons when I'm behind...1.I hate to disappoint my 'fans'...ok, our family + about 3 other people. and 2.This really is our (online) photo album and keeps things in order in my head to have pictures, stories of our hysterical kids/life, and dates all in one place. (So, in theory, when I get around to updating the kids' baby books, this is a huge help)...

Ok, I'll just throw up a smattering of pics/stories from around the house this past month:


For Mitchell's 1st birthday, my great friend Erica F MADE this adorable (A-DOR-A-BLE) little froggy for him. It's a tennis ball in the middle and SO CUTE!


It's quickly turned into one of his favorite bed-friends and he giggles whenever I hold it out to him. It's like his own little secret with froggy...so cute. Thanks, EF!!


Ainsley MAY be one of the most stubborn kids on the planet. She asked for a banana with lunch one day about 2 weeks ago. I asked again "Ainsley, are you SURE you want it?" because she's already eaten a full lunch. She said "Yes, I sure." So, I gave it to her and she immediately handed it back to me and said, "No, i not hungry now." WRONG ANSWER, kiddo.

She stayed at the table for ONE HOUR and TWENTY MINUTES longer (almost 2 hours total for a weekday lunch). I didn't give in, she was crying, laughing, angry, etc... but there was NO WAY she was getting out of this one.

...halfway through the event....

but ATE THE WHOLE THING. And she was so proud of herself...all this over a banana.

The whole time she was at the table, Mitchell, Elise and I had exaggerated "fun" without her, Elise pretended she was a cheerleader, etc...

Mommy won that day.

4 comments:

jennifer said...

you should win an award for endurance... just saw your FB update too. ainsley will get better... i was a lot like her and i like to think i turned out okay. :) love the pic of elise as a cheerleader... and when did mitchell get SO big? they are all precious!

hawleykj said...

i've got a stubborn one like that, too. he threw an hour long fit the other day because patrick made homemade waffles for breakfast and he wanted cereal. seriously?! you never know what the fight will be about, but way to hang in there. hope it's the last battle you have to fight with her :)

Bethanyivy said...

Way to go mommy...Way to go (clap clap) Way to go mommy...Way to go (clap clap). Keep up the good work, and pass some of that perseverance on to me : )

Anonymous said...

wow--I think she out did YOU as a toddler in being so stubborn!! I did not think that was possible!!!
Good for you, mom!!
Mimi