Friday, September 9, 2011

Happy Birthday to Mitchell...

I cannot believe that Mitchell is 2. Really. It's amazing to think that two years ago, we still lived in South Carolina, Ainsley hadn't started talking yet, Mitchell was a calm, quiet newborn at 1 week old, etc... ALL of those things seem very removed from our current life.
Have I mentioned that we miss SC, but love living in VA...Ainsley never, ever stops talking. really.ever.... and mitchell never, ever stops running around and yelling "no" to everything he hears?

Things are fun for sure, though. We celebrated Mitchell's bday last Friday night.

The girls colored pictures for him and we made a cookie cake. you can even see it behind them in the oven.

A friend had given us the light-saber as a hand-me-down, so we made it a bday gift for him. The newest Jedi LOVES his weapon and runs around making 'light saber' noises...

We put him in the high chair to open presents. I don't really know why... we did it last year b/c he couldn't sit still to open gifts. This time, I'm not so sure...sorry, kid.

Ainsley giving him a pep-talk about how to open gifts and eat messy cake. Adorable.
Opening his 'Construction' set from Nana. He LOVES the hammer and tool belt the most.


Then it was BRING ON THE CAKE time...


the candles weren't really that close, i promise. He blew all of them out by himself.

He wasn't sure 'how' to get the first bite, so Ainsley said, "Lick it like a doggie." He did.

After the first few tastes, all manners were gone and a gigantic mess developed.



Family Shot at the end. Mommy looks like a floating head... everyone else is smiling, though, so it's fine...


The next morning, he played with the tball set form Aunt Amanda. GREAT gift!!!


Thanks to the rest of the family for fun stuff, too. I PROMISE he loves all of it, but I just didn't get those pictures all on here...=) THANKS SO MUCH for thinking of him and sending fun stuff along.





















1 comment:

tem said...

I'm sure the monster bowling wasn't in the pictures because it is in his bed as his fave!!
mimi