And it revolves around Ainsley. no big surprise there. She's been the most entertaining one in the house lately. ESPECIALLY relating to naptime/bedtime/sleeping.
This was last month during afternoon rest-time. Ainsley has pretty much given up all sleeping, but still needs to rest quietly for 2 hours in her bed. and mommy needs a break for a couple hours, so we're going to keep this pattern going as long as we can!
I kept watching on the video monitor and didn't see or hear anything for about an hour, so I assumed she was at the foot of the bed, which was out of the frame of the video. I took my camera upstairs JUST IN CASE. I figured that she'd fallen asleep near the end of the bed and I'd go in to cuddle a little to wake her up and get a sweet shot of sleeping Ainsley.
When I opened the door, I heard a little giggle. A "ohh...she's finally here and I'll stay totally quiet" kind of giggle. I put the camera up to my eye and STILL couldn't find her...
and then I did:
Oh yeah. There she is. Almost-four-year-old Ainsley smooshed up inside her pillowcase and had been quiet and still for AN HOUR...
and she was giggling like crazy that I had found her.
and, ps-Paul... check out the size of her feet in this. sweet baby Sarah comes by it naturally... =)
The next few are also Ainsley in relation to her newest (but not even remotely her only) obsession. Her sheets and comforter. HAVE TO STAY NEAT and TIDY. They have to. She refuses to go to sleep under the covers b/c then the 'system' would be messed up. At first, I was a little frustrated and forced her under the covers...but after a few days, I quit. It doesn't really matter, does it? If she gets cold enough, she'll get under the covers. maybe.
This was last week. Her new sleeping bag (Xmas gift from Super Uncle Kelly) couldn't be messed up either.
4 comments:
Absolutely hilarious!!!
Wow. Even the books are stacked perfectly. It's like a museum (but colder) in that room. I love it, well done Ainsley.
More like a cellar...that is extra neat!
Mimi
At least you don't have to tell her to pick up her room...
And those are some gigantic feet. It's like she's got flippers on under her socks.
Post a Comment