
So, we 'cheated' this year and changed Christmas by a day... probably the last year we could ever do this...kids will be too smart by next year. We had planned on traveling on Christmas Day to visit my family at a beach house in South Carolina, so we made December 24th "Christmas Day" in the Moseley household and it was fun. It was like our own little secret and we had to sequester the kids for about 2 days beforehand, just so that a neighbor kid wouldn't say, "Hey, I can't wait until Christmas in 3 days..." and then our kids would be confused and wonder why Santa was coming to our house in 2 days instead...so, we planned crafts (the Snowmen from the last post), lots of baking, cooking, wrapping presents, watching Christmas movies, etc... it was adorable and fun and sweet and I loved every minute of it. well, the minutes that I wasn't screaming at a kid about one more spilled bottle of craft paint, another necessary trip to Kroger (really!?! How can one family go to Kroger THAT many times in a week!?! unreal...)... but, I still loved it. Enjoy some pictures...less than 2 months late. =)
They were all sweet and happy BEFORE the Gingerbread house construction began. It got a little cut-throat as we went on...

little-man Mitchell was very curious, but didn't want to sit still long enough to work on it WITH us...

...someone sampled LOTS and LOTS of icing.

They worked so hard on the house. it was precious!

We made lots of sugar cookies. =) the idea was to give them to neighbors, but I can't remember if we did that or not...ha!
GOOFY FACES!
Everyone 'ready' on Christmas Eve with the plate of treats for Santa and Elves!

We ran outside right before bedtime and sprinkled "Reindeer food" on the lawn...just so they would be nourished in the midst of their long night of work... =) and we did have to go back out on "Christmas" morning to see if the food had been eaten by Santa's hooved friends!
3 comments:
Arggg left a comment, puff, gone. Anyway, LOVE the pictures, Memories being made.Where has the time gone?
AMAZING Nana
toSo many good pictures---but I think I like the aprons and the ladies best---so cute!!!
mimi
I can't seem to get logged in -so Aunt Amanda LOVES the face Ainsley is making in the pictures of the three of you gals making silly faces! It's such a grown up pose i just can't believe it!
Post a Comment