Monday, March 17, 2008

Birthday and Fishing...


Yesterday was Adam's Birthday (Yikes ...33!!) and he and Elise went shopping at the "Daddy Stores" (Lowe's and Dick's Sports) to give me a break for a few minutes with just Ainsley at the house. They came back and elise had her FIRST FISHING ROD! We weren't sure what she would think of the pink and blue Barbie plastic rod, but she fell in love immediately. It has a rubber fish on the end of the line now, but it can convert into a real rod if needed... They first practiced in the playroom as Adam showed her how to cast, and then moved outside later in the day. It was so cute to watch and a total blessing to see Adam sharing something that he so enjoys with his daughter. As we laughed at elise the other day at just one of her hilarious comments, Adam said, "She's so fun right now, if it weren't for the diapers, she could stay this age forever." So true.

4 comments:

Patty said...

Happy Birthday, Adam. I can not believe how big Elise is (and look at that hair...it's getting so long). We really miss you guys. Your house is still empty! Andrew turned 6 last week.... oh btw...we are now also converts...we love our MAC.

Patty said...

Happy Birthday, Adam. I can not believe how big Elise is (and look at that hair...it's getting so long). We really miss you guys. Your house is still empty! Andrew turned 6 last week.... oh btw...we are now also converts...we love our MAC. I love the photo of Ainsley in the side bar she is so beautiful. I wish I could hold her.

Amanda said...

Happy Happy Birthday Adam- sounds like you had an awesome day! Barbie doll fishing polls...how could it get better!! I'm glad you were able to spend it with your family and not from across the world..
Love you-

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Adam! We would have loved to celebrate with you.
-Matt&Allie