Friday, January 9, 2009

Imagination...

Elise turned 3 on Tuesday and on Wednesday we had her 3 yr checkup at the Pediatrician...along with about 100 other questions, the Dr. asked if she had an Active Imagination or not. I almost laughed out loud. Just yesterday and today, we've had these conversations:

"Mommy, I a baby bird."
"Oh, you are? I thought you were a big girl named Elise"
"No, I a baby bird now. I go Tweet-Tweet-Tweet. See? Here's my wittle baby bird nest" and showed me a little "nest" cupped in her hands. Sure
(She then flapped her arms around the house and "tweeted" off and on for 3 hours. She was going out to dinner with our neighbors, so we had this conversation...)
"Elise, you can't be a baby bird at the restaurant, ok?"
"I know. mommy. I be Elise now and when I get back home, I be a baby bird again, ok?"

I just went to check on her during her rest-time (naps are over for her!), she was patting the pillow next ot her,
"Mommy, here's a baby named Elise"
"Well, aren't YOU Elise?"
"Yes, but I BIG GIRL Elise. This is my baby Elise. She wears diapers, not panties"
"Oh. Can I kiss her, too?"
"No, she sleeping now. Don't wake her up"
"Ok, you can move over and sit in your rocking chair if you want now, Elise"
"I take my baby Elise wif me. She sleep in a nest, too, just like my baby bird"

Ok. So, yes she has a strong imagination. I love it.

Here's a quick picture from her Birthday Morning! Adam stayed home for a little bit so she could have a special breakfast and open presents from the extended family...She loved it and it was a nice treat to have Adam home for a breakfast, too! We're having a little party at the park tomorrow with some of her little friends. So, we'll post pictures after that!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday Elise!!!
Love,
Erica and Brennan

Teri said...

Happy belated 3rd birthday!!! Three is so much fun!