Elise's first day at the new school (3rd preschool in 7 weeks!) was on Monday and within MOMENTS of picking her up at the end of the day, I was 100% assured that we had made the right decision. She was 'herself' again. YAY! It's hard to explain that she just seemed depressed since day 1 of the other school here in VA. She was just sad, un-motivated, extra grumpy, etc...and not her typical self. She's back to being Elise now and this week was a huge turnaround. She already has a best friend in this school- and apparently they hold hands constantly, sit together whenever possible, share their lunches with each other, etc...so adorable. The teachers are great and we couldn't be happier!
So, the class was talking this week about Manners. I think we're pretty strict about manners around our house, but I guess it's different (and more memorable) when she learns it at school. A few things that SHE (yes, a not-quite-4-year-old!) told us this week:
"Mommy, please don't talk when you have food in your mouth."
"Daddy, that's called interrupting.That's not good manners"
"Ainsley, you forgot to say 'please' when you talked to me."
"Here, Ainsley, hold my hand in the parking lot. That's good manners."
Adorable. A little annoying when your 3 year old 'corrects' you, but I guess that's part of it all. Here's her little "I have an attitude" face that we rarely see out her...but it's pretty funny. She's such a sweetheart, but when the occasional 'look' comes out, it's hard not to laugh. I got it spontaneously on film last week:
3 comments:
That is so awesome!!! Praise God she loves her school and is learning things that are sticking already. I know that is her attitude face, but that is such a sweet picture. Elise looks like such a big girl. No more baby : (
Adorable picture. I miss seeing that little face.(of course everyone elses too.) Glad the new school is working out. Miss you guys.
love, allyson
I think the 'look' face is a female Uncle kelly--so funny. But so great about the new school!
Mom
Post a Comment