We had a great Easter weekend, enjoying an "Easter Party" at a local church with a neat puppet show, singing, egg hunt, face painting, etc...Elise had a GREAT time and Ainsley enjoyed it some, too. She was a bit whiny while we were there and I was getting a little frustrated with her attitude. I just wanted them to have fun, you know? When we got home and I discovered the 102 degree fever, I felt bad. She was mopey and clingy for the rest of the day (which I kind of enjoyed b/c she's NEVER a cuddler!), and was totally fine by mid-day Sunday. odd.
We had a few other things planned that night and Sunday, too. It was a fun weekend and we're super thankful for everything about Easter. Elise summed it up well on Sunday after church, "You know that it's really important when we wash our hands after we play? Well, it's MORE important that Jesus' blood washed our hearts. They were dirty, too, but Jesus makes them clean just like soap." Well said. I love it.
At the Easter party...look at Elise and Adam on this one:
Ok, this is 'better' of Ainsley, but not great of Elise...just pretend they were all happy at once!
Easter morning with new game "Hungry, Hungry Hippo". She loves it.
On our way to Church on Sunday. Ainsley stayed home sick with Nana, but these two looked adorable, so we got one cute picture.
1 comment:
Elise summed it up perfectly! She brought tears to my eyes. So sweet. I'm going to share that with Hannah. It's such a perfect description of Jesus cleaning our hearts
Poor Ainsley : ( It's always so dissapointing when our kiddos get sick arond special occasions and have to miss out.
Post a Comment