wow. I'm constantly amazed at how time just DISAPPEARS with these adorable kids we've been blessed with! I feel like Mitchell should be about 6 months old, not TEN! Seriously, how is he almost a YEAR OLD!? Anyway, we love his little toothy grin, we love his 'old man hair'...also referred to as a "Skullet" around here sometimes- Google Image that for some great pictures. He's SUCH a happy baby- really only cries when he wants to eat or if mommy has wondered away for more than, say, 20 seconds. He's grown to love the church nursery on Sundays (especially days when I don't dress him in little shoes that are 6 months too small which leads to close to an hour of screaming and deep crease-marks in his chubby feet...) and ADORES his big sisters. Elise has been a great second-mommy to him since Day 1, but lately Ainsley has been sweet and loving towards him also, which is impressive, because you just don't see that much sweetness out of Ainsley. =) He's such a fun addition to our family and we're thankful for him every single day.
When Ainsley and I went to wake him up this morning, I took a camera to try to get a cute shot of him sleeping, but these ended up way cuter than a sleeping baby! I mean, sleeping babies are adorable, but that can't beat the way his little eyes light up when he thinks he's playing a game of "come and get me" with mommy...
This was just seconds after the door opened...he was barely awake and not too sure about visitors to his comfy lair with the awesome monster sheets...
Not five seconds later, he's comin' to get me. grinning like crazy...
Just seconds after that, he's up and babbling, our happy happy boy!
He was actually clapping here- his new favorite trick. The wall behind him looks a little 'teal'...it's not- it's a deep "Admiralty Blue"... somewhere between UF Gator Blue and navy blue...just fyi.
Then I hoisted Ainsley up in bed with him for a second and she said that she wanted to cuddle... she actually put her arm around him and kept saying, "hi Mitchy...like my pretty outfit? Smile for mommy, Mitchy...". Precious.
2 comments:
wow--Ainsley suddenly looks so grown up next to mitchell. Love the grins from him!
mimi
hahaha love the old man hair reference.
Post a Comment