Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Cinderelly, Cinderelly...

I'm SO THANKFUL that all three kids still take some form of "naptime/rest time" everyday. It keeps me sane. Mitchell sleeps almost 3 1/2 hours daily, Ainsley usually rests quietly for one hour and then sleeps for 1 to 1 1/2 hours (seriously, AMEN!), and Elise plays and reads quietly for about 1 1/2 hours and then plays a little louder (recently with her Leapster thingy...) for another 45 minutes. Either way, I almost always have 2+ hours of almost total peace. ....aahhhh, do you hear the angels singing and birds chirping for me? I do!
I usually fill the time with prepping for dinner, cleaning up lunch, exercising if I didn't meet my running buddy that morning, taking a quick shower, catching up on Facebook, emails, blogs, etc... and then cleaning the house. I procrastinate on that one lately, augh. It's just so never-ending. And it seems pointless when I spend 30 minutes cleaning the bathrooms to have them FILTHY again by bedtime... phew.
I realized today that I could procrastinate no more when I could see the slime, filth, paw prints, mud residue, and milk splatters on the floor. I HAD to (on my hands and knees, nonetheless) SCRUB the kitchen/foyer floor. I love my hardwood floors, but hate the fact that the (glaring/blinding) afternoon sun shows all hints of dirt. And there are lots of those 'hints' around here!
As I was working, Elise came downstairs for a second and asked what I was doing (!)... not sipping a margarita, that's for sure... I told her that I had to clean the floors b/c they were a mess. As she walked back upstairs, she mumbled, "wow. my mommy is just like Cinderella."
I guess she's NOT referring to the glamorous-princess-at-the-end-of-the-movie version of Cinderella?! Oh well...it was cute.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Bahahahaha!!! Too cute!! Sometimes we feel that way, don't we? I can hear the little mouse voices now....

J, P said...

An easy Halloween costume for next year, right?

tem said...

clearly you need blinds over some windows to cut down on the "dust glare"!! Worked for me years ago!
mimi