Monday, May 9, 2011

Easter...


I'm getting a little closer to being all caught-up again on this thing. Easter was just two weeks ago and here are the pictures. My mom was in town for a couple days before Easter Sunday, so we did a little front-yard Egg Hunt on Saturday afternoon.


The girls were BEYOND excited and, no surprise here, Elise was an adorable big helper. She also thought it was really cool that she could find/reach eggs that the 'little ones' couldn't...


Ainsley just loved looking at the stuff in the eggs ("oohhh, it's so pretty..." and then kind of dancing about it- stickers, candy, tiny toys, etc...).


Mitchell found his first egg, slammed it open, found some Jellybeans, and never really moved again.

He just stood in that same spot (about 4 feet from the 'start line') for the next 20 minutes. We kept trying to entice him to get MORE eggs, some with bouncy balls, little cars, or stickers inside.
Nope, he was absolutely frozen in one spot devouring jelly beans. It was great.
The girls started finding some 'easy' eggs that we'd hidden for him and would run them to his basket, giggle a little, and then run away again.

Tried taking a few pictures at the end...but they were too excited (sugared up) to sit still. This is my favorite shot of the day:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Love Ainsley's curls, Elise is having a blast and Mitchell looks like he's enjoying the beans a lot!!!!. It looks like it was a wonderful time. I miss them
Nana

J, P said...

Well done Mitchell. Basically the same thing I do everyday at work when I have jelly beans...stop all other activities and crush the beans.