Saturday, June 21, 2008

the dirty kid....


On Wednesday, the girls and I went to one of the big Charleston Waterparks with a friend Jessica and her two kids (almost identical in age to Elise and Ainsley). We figured that between the two of us, we could keep a close watch on the 'bigger' kids, or one of us could sit with the little ones in strollers, or whatever....woah. It was an EXAUSTING two hours! Elise and Ben didn't feel like playing in the same area at the same time, so our "tag team" approach didn't work. Elise loved the slides ...Ben was scared of the slides; Elise was bored with the water gun area, but Ben could've stayed there all day. You get the point.
As we got there, Jessica was telling me how her mom told her they shouldn't really go to 'these places'. "There are probably diseases in the water, it'll be so dirty, etc..."...with the STENCH of chlorine (which luckily I love!) in the air, I'm pretty sure there was no living bacteria in that place! Within 10 minutes of that conversation (and only 15 of being there overall!), Jessica and I both looked down at some dirt on elise's feet and legs. Thinking that strange since she'd just run out of the water, I went in for a closer look. Yep, you guessed it....POOP! Apparently the poop had liquified and travelled all the way down the back of her legs, onto her feet, between the toes, etc...seriously, if you're not gagging right now, you're the only one! I grabbed her up quickly, ran over to where our towels were, changed her, almost vomited once, and hoped that nobody was watching too closely. Jessica didn't think anyone else saw anything, but we moved to another portion of the pool for the next 15 minutes anyway, just until everything was "cleaned out".
Jessica's mom was right. There are dirty kids at the pool and moms that don't notice the floaters until too late. It's the Moseleys...

3 comments:

KM said...

i can't believe i'm the first to comment on this...so your kid is the kid who poops in the pool? and you're the mom that strikes up random conversations in the grocery store about your reproduction plans? in addition to being the mom that doesn't tell any of the other moms about the poop in the pool?

You're painting a scary picture of what's going on down there.

of course, you are in the south, so just throw her in some bib overalls, get her a rebel flag tshirt, and the runny poo will be fully acceptable. haha.

A, E, e, a said...

I know...seriously?! I can't believe nobody has commented yet on this one...I guess our "readership" is down or something! Glad you enjoyed the story!

Case and Los said...

I am just home from Europe and catching up on all your stories, this one is priceless!