On that same note of 'backyard news', we are continuing to eat the spoils of our garden (Adam insists we call it our FARM, but with less than 10 total plants, I think "Garden" really is more appropriate!). Anyway, this weekend we ate chives and two bell peppers straight from the yard- that was fun. Just DAYS after I blogged about our HUGE, yet not productive, Watermelon plant, we saw some small fruit growth hidden within the vines...in just 3 weeks, the watermelon have gone from the size of a green bean to a full-sized watermelon! unreal. We have at least 5 that are this size. Elise runs to the window several times a day and reminds us, "The watermelons are growing, mommy...look! They so big!". I love it and we'll let you know when we actually pick them and eat. The best part is that three of them have grown on the actual deck! We didn't want to damage the melons, so we let them grow right there. it's pretty funny.
Monday, August 11, 2008
The Harvest, con't...
On that same note of 'backyard news', we are continuing to eat the spoils of our garden (Adam insists we call it our FARM, but with less than 10 total plants, I think "Garden" really is more appropriate!). Anyway, this weekend we ate chives and two bell peppers straight from the yard- that was fun. Just DAYS after I blogged about our HUGE, yet not productive, Watermelon plant, we saw some small fruit growth hidden within the vines...in just 3 weeks, the watermelon have gone from the size of a green bean to a full-sized watermelon! unreal. We have at least 5 that are this size. Elise runs to the window several times a day and reminds us, "The watermelons are growing, mommy...look! They so big!". I love it and we'll let you know when we actually pick them and eat. The best part is that three of them have grown on the actual deck! We didn't want to damage the melons, so we let them grow right there. it's pretty funny.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
my vote is for picking the melons right off the deck. That leaves the new 'resident' away!
love, mimi
Post a Comment