
because I'm sure my neighbors are, too! After dropping Elise off at pre-school this morning, soothing a very-fussy-because-a-new-tooth-is-breaking-through Ainsley, fighting with my computer over emailing pictures to my brother, I decided I should hang our Christmas lights outside. Brilliant plan when you're already flustered and short on time! After 17 trips back inside, trying a chair then a stool and finally the ladder to reach above the front door, and cursing the fact that i'm going to have to go back to Lowe's today for more lights, I got it finished! All that in just 45 minutes (and I'm not kidding on the 17 trips back inside!). Of course, I was only decorating 6 bushes and arching the front door...but whatever. It'll remind me of Clark W. Griswold's masterpiece when we're totally done...I know my neighbor Jean was watching me and laughing, and I can only imagine who else saw it, too.
By the way, Lowe's (at least our Lowe's here) has ALL CHRISTMAS Decorations at 50% off already! So, for 12 sets of lights and a 7.5' douglas fir tree, our total last night was only $52. YAY. Gotta love that. Now I just hope there are some lights left when I go back this afternoon for a few more boxes...just in case we have to jazz it up a little more once we see it in the dark.
And also...I can make fun of Jean right back because they're "those people" right now with LIT UP LAWN DECORATIONS consisting of 3 penguins, 4 snowmen, a 4-car train, and 10 candy canes. We went for the simpler approach of all white lights...we're pretty vanilla like that.
No comments:
Post a Comment