Wednesday, March 18, 2009

fever, doctors, and earache, oh my!

Yesterday afternoon, Ainsley woke up from her nap with a Fever! Augh. My kids really NEVER get sick, so it was a little unsettling to me when her temperature was hovering around 103 for a couple of hours. She wouldn't stop crying, wasn't eating well, and was just very "not her". Adam was out of town, and my wonderful friend Jean made me leave Elise with her and just take Ainsley into the ER to get checked out. (Since it was past 4pm, the Navy doctors were gone for the day, nobody was answering the Physician Referral line, etc...) So, we left at 6pm and headed into the closest ER. She was pitiful, just totally lethargic in the car and VERY CUDDLY with me (which is totally unlike her- she NEVER snuggles).
The good thing? A crying, pitiful, adorable baby in the ER gets back to see a doctor quickly.
The funny thing? A little-bit flustered mom of said baby can be an idiot.
As I filled out the forms, I put her first name as "Erica"...uh, that's me. I put her Birthday as Feb 8th (no, it's the 7th), and I wrote Adam's SS# wrong. They couldn't find us in their system...shocking since I was giving information of a kid that didn't exist! I apologized numerous times, but I know they were thinking I was an idiot. Sick kid, high fever, husband gone, other kid with neighbor, me pregnant, etc...not a great combination!
An hour later, we were on our way to Walgreens to pick up a prescription for double Ear Infections...one in each ear, that is. She slept ALL night (which i hear is rare with ear infection kiddos), and is feeling much better today. She's still extra tired, cuddly, and a little 'off', but mostly back to her smiley self. What a great little kid. =)

2 comments:

jennifer said...

I'm so glad she is feeling better. I hope you can get some rest too! We are thinking of you... and hoping Adam returns soon. :) Love, Jen

Amanda said...

awwwww...poor mom and baby...I'm glad it sounds like you are both doing better!