Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Our Recon trip to VA
Ok, so no pictures to post...we took our camera with us to VA, but didn't even take it out of the bag the whole weekend. Just no extra energy...I'm not sure how much I've shared on the blog, but here's the gist of it: A month ago, Adam turned in his resignation letter to the NAVY and he's accepted a law job in Roanoke, VA. There are SOOOO Many reasons for this turn of events, but the simplest explanation is just this, It's the best thing for our family. We've LOVED some of the great experiences being a NAVY JAG has provided in the past 5 or 6 years, but the constant moving, the TONS of traveling even on a "home job" has worn hard on me (and thus EVERYONE suffers some!). Being pregnant with our 3rd kiddo and looking ahead to what would surely be a year-ish in Iraq/Afghanistan a year from now, knowing we'd have another overseas job w/in 10 years, etc...was just too much. So, he was offered and AWESOME opportunity with a small firm in Roanoke. Adam has lived in VA before and loved it, so he went to visit/meet people in January and we went back this weekend to "Recon" some neighborhoods, meet some people, etc...and it was very encouraging! We loved seeing mountains all around us, lakes nearby, and LOTS of mature trees. Elise and Ainsley were FANTASTIC- 3 nights in a hotel room and countless hours in their carseats and they were total champs. We stopped at several playgrounds around town and that was a ton of fun, too. It turns out Ainsley loves slides and Elise (I knew this part!) is quite the little daredevil on the playground! We're hoping to move there around Oct 1st, so I'm sure there will be another actual house-hunting trip, but this was a great weekend to acclimate ourselves to the area a bit. With Baby #3 due in early September, we've got a crazy 6-8 months ahead of us, but we're up for the challenge!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How exciting! Congratulations. I am sure it is awesome seeing a light at the end of the tunnel, and the idea of settling down as a famil. I'm so happy for you and your family.
I am so happy for you guys. Sounds like a great opportunity! May you have the strength to get through this year:)
Post a Comment