Wednesday, May 6, 2009

"Nim-nax-nicks" for Louise...


For MONTHS, we've said, "We should really get Elise into a Gymnastics class or something. She has SOOO much energy and I think would just love it." And then we get busy with life and 6 months goes by... We tried "The Little Gym" once about a year ago and it was GREAT, but just a little expensive for my taste. So, FINALLY, I signed Elise up for a preschooler gymnastics class at the YMCA and our first class was Monday afternoon.
SHE LOVED IT! She talked about it all day Sunday, couldn't nap b/c she was GIDDY after school on Monday, and we headed up there a little early to let her see what the other kids were doing, sign some papers, etc...and she was literally bouncing up and down for the extra 15 minutes...it was adorable.
They did 45 minutes of floor, balance beam, rings, trampoline, and swinging on the bar. It was adorable to watch Elise in a crowd of strangers like that. She is such a good listener and really was working hard to follow directions, take turns, etc...I was a very proud mommy! Her teacher asked her name when they started and since she's not so great at "L" sound, "Elise" sounded like "Louise"...so, the teacher called her Louise the whole time! I didn't realize it until the end, but I guess she just responded to "Louise" for the whole class. Hilarious. =) As long as the lady let her keep running, bouncing, and swinging, I guess it didn't matter what she was called.
She also cried about 3x in the next 2 hours at home b/c she didn't want it to be over. She can't wait until next week, too! It was fun.
Here are a few pictures...I got reprimanded by one of the teachers b/c I took them- "the flash could be a safety hazard" was what the 15 year-old told me. Really? We're concerned with the 3 year olds being blinded by the flash during their "sit on your bottom and side off the beam" dismount? Sure...


Bounce on the springboard and do a somersalt onto the big pit...she did great!

2 comments:

jennifer said...

"Louise's" ponytails are so cute! Great pictures. :)

Anonymous said...

Love the ponytails-and Louise was more concerned w/activities-like her mom!
mimi