This is just a sweet picture of her to redeem the crazy outfit and goofy smile from the pictures above. =)
Sunday, January 24, 2010
WE KNOW AINSLEY DOESN'T HAVE MUCH HAIR...
Look at that smile! So precious!

No, people, she's never had a haircut. Yes, I often try to put bows, headbands, clips, etc...in her hair. She pulls it out immediately. She's stubborn like that. She also is starting to have an opinion in her clothing for the day. I think that's fun so I let her 'help' pick out clothes or socks...but the number of times I hear "that's a good looking little boy you've got there" (aimed at Ainsley, not Mitchell!) is astonishing. When it's a cute old man says it, no problem. I'm totally fine with that. But when Ainsley was in THIS outfit last Thursday at the grocery store and was doted on by four or five people about what a "cute little guy" she was, I had to speak up. Two of those were women who should've known better, it's called "visual clues", ladies. I corrected a few of the women, and they seemed to feel a little bad. I was ok with that. It doesn't really upset me, but it just gets annoying. I also love it when the Wal-Mart greeter says, "you know if you put a barrette in her hair, then she would look more like a girl." Thanks.
This is just a sweet picture of her to redeem the crazy outfit and goofy smile from the pictures above. =)
This is just a sweet picture of her to redeem the crazy outfit and goofy smile from the pictures above. =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I never once thought "whay a cute little guy" She looks like a beautiful little girl to me. You know, people need filters. I make a point, if I am not 100% positive what sex, to say, "How cute!" or "Your little one is adorable". No feeling hurt, and I got my feelings across. Or, I just smile and make funny faces at the little one to get a smile or giggle : )
I saw a little boy once, dressed all in baby blue, being pushed in a baby blue stroller. He had an amazing head of hair - blonde curls everywhere, but I had no doubt he was a boy. I guess others werent sure. His parents had a big sign taped to the front of his stroller that said "I'm a BOY!!!" Too funny. I'm sure they got sick of it.
I figure, as long as it's a remark about how cute or pretty or adorable, it doesn't matter what sex. Now if someone told me how ugly my little boy was, I'd probably have to pound them : )
Post a Comment