So, Adam and I just spent 5 days traveling and vacationing in the Dominican Republic at one of those fancy-schmancy All-Inclusive places and it was so great! The best part was that we were kid-free!!! It was a very refreshing time for us to just sit around, eat tons of yummy yummy food, enjoy some crazy-fun people watching, and just relax together. Other than a weekend getaway to Savannah in 2005, this was the first VACATION in almost 8 years! This was BY FAR the most spoiled I've ever felt in my life- THANKS for the TRIP, DAD!!!! =)
I was a little concerned that I wouldn't be able to "let go" of the daily "mommy-ness" that I live in. Adam was very patient for the first day as I kept worrying about naptimes, meals, snacks, grumpy kids, etc... but after that I was FINE. What a blessing to really be able to clear my mind for days and just relax. Here are a few pictures...not that anyone really cares about someone else's vacation pictures, but whatever....it's my blog and I'll put them up!
I loved getting dressed up each night for dinner and NOT ending up with smooshed Graham Crackers, spilled apple juice, etc... all over me!!
3 comments:
I love the pictures!! :-) You both look so relaxed... and your belly is adorable. Thanks for sharing!
You look beautiful! I'm glad you got to get away for a little while. You deserve a break.
How fun! I love the vacation pictures. Makes me want to plan a kiddo free vacation. Maybe a cruise : )
Post a Comment