We're halfway through this pregnancy, and I'm surprised how the last few weeks have flown by. (Although the first 14 weeks CRAWLED, so it kind of evens out...) Adam took this picture on our Dominican Republic trip and I can't believe I'm already looking SO HUGELY PREGNANT. I've learned 20 weeks with kid #3 in less than four years is way bigger than 20 weeks with Kid 1 and 2, just FYI. Although, in my defense, this picture makes me look bigger than I am. The lady doing our ultrasound today said, "I can barely tell you're pregnant!" WHAT!?! She was obviously just being polite, but I'll take it.

Early December, I was working on convincing Adam that "a 3rd baby would be GREAT for our family"...He was pretty much on-board with the idea, but I was feeling the need to sweeten the pot a little more so I said, "if we get pregnant again in 6-8 months like we're planning, I'll let you decide whether or not we find out the gender of the baby during the pregnancy or wait until delivery." That is a BIG statement for me, if you weren't sure already. I'm such a planner/controller that it was a sacrifice to relinquish that power. Since the pregnancy would probably be close to a year away, no problem, he'd forget all about that conversation...
Fast forward about THREE WEEKS (surprise!) when I took a totally-on-a-whim pregnancy test Christmas Eve that came back positive! NO chance he would forget it now!!
Knowing that today was our Ultrasound and the nurse would ask, "So, do you want to know the gender of baby?" and I would have to totally defer to Adam, who would think it was HILARIOUS to torture me and not find out...or (gasp!!) that she would tell HIM the gender, but keep it a secret for me, I was a little stressed about it all. Luckily, Adam loves me and understands me well enough to answer her with , "yes, we'd like to know...". Yay!
We were shocked moments later when she pointed out the "Boy Parts" on the screen! I started crying so hard that she had to stop the ultrasound b/c my belly was shaking so much. =) I calmed down a few minutes later and we all laughed about it.
So, we are having a BOY!!! crazy. exciting. We haven't told Elise yet b/c she REALLY wants another little sister and gets upset if we've even mentioned a little boy. So, we've got to plan that discussion ahead of time. So, here's the little guy, the arrow is showing the "boy parts". Good thing she was telling us b/c I never would've been able to determine that on our own.

4 comments:
wow! so exciting! i was scared to death to have a boy, but they are the greatest! congrats! hope you are still feeling well. you look beautiful, that's a great pic.
yeah!!! we are so happy for you.... having a boy is amazing... they are so sweet!!!
I'm so happy for you:) oh a little boy how sweet!!! AND I totally hope you are putting that pic of u in a frame-its amazing!!! Its one that all your kids should have a copy of when they get older!!!
Congratulations!!! How exciting. I hope I get to meet him oneday (and Ainsley). You could always show Elise all the fun boy toys at the store that she has to look forward to.
I can't wait to hear how your plan goes to tell her. She will be so excited when she meets him. Or, maybe he'll be dressed in dresses and bows by his big sister for the first little while.
Post a Comment