Monday, August 16, 2010

Isn's summer over, yet?

We've officially hit the "it's-been-a-long-but-great-summer-and-now-school-needs-to-start.Now.Right-now" time around this house. Elise is super antsy and a little 'needy' for attention (which really is unlike her...), I've run out of ideas of fun things to do, the weather is so SWELTERING HOT that we can barely play outside, I (Erica) hurt my back somehow in the last month and am having trouble doing ANYTHING normal without some pretty frustrating pain, etc...you see what I'm dealing with... and, we never took a vacation this summer. At all. We ran out of time, money, energy, ideas, and it wasn't a big deal, until now. When I really wish we could've had a break from normal life. sigh... next year we will!
Anyway, last week I got super-motivated to find new/fun/exciting things to do for a couple days to stave off the boredom and whatnot in the house. And it worked! The new activities took part of three mornings and the girls had a BLAST. So did Mitchell, actually. He participated on one of the three... I stole all the ideas from a 'mommy blog' I follow of a friend of a friend (you can find her at 'littlebitfunky.com'- it's a great blog), so I want to give her credit even though I don't know her personally. Here are a few pictures from Friday morning:

All you need is about 2 packages of pudding and a dollup of whip cream. outside, of course, hose ready for the 'cleanup', playclothes on everyone...




This was before Ainsley started eating..she really enjoyed the mess. YAY!
It was probably 30 minutes of pure joy...and some sugar intake. =) Even Mitchell got some pudding and they all had fun.


Then we hosed them all off.

Since we were already outside and messy, we unloaded a can of Barbasol shaving cream ($1 at Kroger) on the same table, gave STERN instructions NOT to eat this one, and started all over again!

It added another 30 minutes of fun and...just like that...a whole morning was done!

Another round of hosing everyone off, of course

I'll try to put up the pics of Saturday's playtime/craftiness up later today!

1 comment:

tem said...

awesome ideas--so keep the friend of friend blog handy. I love the pix-and mitchell is looking too grown up!!!
mimi