Saturday morning, Adam and Ainsley went and picked up a ton of wood from a GREAT Craigslist deal. Elise (and Mitchell) and I went to a friend's house to tie-dye. We had a blast. The moms were working WAY harder than the kiddos and we got way messier, but it was fun. The girls each made their own shirt and one for a younger sibling. They also made a pillowcase each. They turned out so cute. Here are my girls modeling two of the six items.
Then we made stepping stones (with handprints, pieces of glass, stones, jewels, etc...) Those will be fun to put in the garden... the kids played in the water while my friend set up a picnic lunch. Ainsley and Adam got back from their errand and we all had a picnic lunch in PERFECT weather under a great shade tree!
Then it was on to naptimes for 3 kids and unloading obnoxious amounts of wood for the adults.
We got them up a few hours later and headed to a nearby creek to play in the water again. The water was VERY COLD and the sun had disappeared, so they only lasted about an hour before we needed to get them out and put on dry clothes.
The creek is at one of the city parks and there's a great playground right there too. So, once everyone had dry clothes on, we spent about an hour and 1/2 at the swings, playground. We had a GREAT time running around all together. =) These kids could swing all day long.
We headed home, realized it was dinnertime, stopped for ice cream for dinner (the first time I've EVER done that with the kids...it was fun! They had a vanilla cone at 6:30, a bowl of cereal when we got home, quick bathtime, and then straight to bed!
Sunday we had church in the morning (and YAY for the nursery workers and Sarah Rachel volunteering...I got to enjoy an ENTIRE CHURCH SERVICE without being paged for Mitchell!). After church, we head straight home for lunch and naps. During naptime, Adam mowed the lawn and I washed our cars- inside and out...literally could feed a household on the Cheerio and Goldfish crumbs from my car... After naptime, we spent about an hour 1/2 in the pool (Adam was in the water with the girls pretending to be an alligator- lots of fun!), then played inside for a little while, dinner, and kids were all in bed by 7:45.
Phew.
We sat on the front porch with a glass of wine/beer and chatting with neighbors for a couple hours...which is so nice and relaxing.
There you go. A typical weekend in a nutshell for the Moseleys...
3 comments:
ty dying looks like it was a lot of fun and the girls model them so well. I'm loving the curls they're getting too.
Nana
I ditto nana. I am lovin all the curls on all of them! And I could swing all day with them, too, sometimes!
mimi
Sounds like the PERFECT weekend!!! Love the tie dye shirts and Elise was very proud to show it off today! And I looooved snuggling Mitchell in the nursery. He's a sweetie pie. <3
Post a Comment