Wednesday, May 28, 2008

"During" Picture


We're over 1/2 way through our 'replace carpeted stairs with wood' project, but it's been put on hold for a week or so while Adam is out of town...there are 33 pieces of wood (16 steps/17 risers-the "up" part of each step), each was stained 4x, dried/sanded in between, etc... it's been taking up a lot of time around here! But, Adam got 1/2 of them done the other day and it looks GREAT so far! yeah! I'm just excited for something easier to CLEAN than the stinkin' carpet!
YEAH

2 comments:

Case and Los said...

Love it! How fun... and I don't know what you call it, not wainscotting, but whatever's on your downstairs wall is sweet too. Did you paint all that yellow? You should put pics up of all of your new house- I remember seeing the girl's rooms, but not everything, did you do it already?

KM said...

Wow-those stairs are going to look great. And I love Elise's 'school shirt.'