Monday, May 19, 2008

Spin Away...


For probably 3 years now, I've ALMOST bought a Salad Spinner at every Pampered Chef party I've been to. (and with husbands deployed so much in Japan, there were LOTS of Pampered Chef parties!!). Every time I looked at, I thought, "that would be cool, but I'm NOT spending $70 or whatever it was to DRY LETTUCE"....Then I saw Martha Stewart on the Today show a month or so ago and she said "A Salad (and fruit) Spinner is in my top 5 favorite kitchen items". Really!?! So, I had some Gift $$ at Linens-n-Things and went out to finally buy one. It's only $30 there and IS THE GREATEST THING! I seriously love it. Enough to take time and write a blog about it during one of the rare afternoons that BOTH girls are napping at the same time. That's big. So, if you're on the fence about this same purchase...hesitate no more.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog. I should have asked before I added your link, I hope it's ok. You can add me to your page! It's such a great way to keep in touch:)

Case and Los said...

Ha ha, so we got a spinner for our wedding, didn't use it for 2+ years... and then like a month or two ago, I was cleaning out our cupboards, saw it (unused) and said to Los, "why don't we use this?" We've been using it non-stop ever since. We have an Oxo one and I think it was $20.
p.s. alligators scare me! Elise is braver than me!

jennifer said...

I love telling Paul we "need" kitchen gadgets. I took a meat 101 class at the chopping block last night... and came home with a stove-top smoker that we "needed." Now, we can smoke stuff. Thanks for the tip on the salad spinner!