
...but spend most of the night up anyway!!!!! Augh. Last night was a ROUGH night around the Moseley household...Now, I'M NOT COMPLAINING, just sharing. Nights like this are RARE, but painful. So, If I owe you a phone call or email today, don't plan on seeing it. I'm struggling big time right now!
8pm- Elise bedtime (a little later than normal b/c neighborhood Memorial Day cookout)
9:30- Final feeding for Ainsley
10:15-sneak in Elise's room to change her diaper before bed. The cloth diapers can't make it all night, so we give her a fresh one last thing before bed...she doesn't even wake up! it's funny.
10:30- Adam and I go to bed
1 am- Elise wakes up crying. Hard. poor thing. I go in to settle her down and she says, "Owie, Mommy. on elbow...or...on knee" So I go to get a band-aid (she's a faker, but it's 1am). I come back and ask where the owie is..."foot, mommy". hmmm..sure. I put the band-aid on her foot, lay down with her, sing "Twinkle Twinkle" and "You are My Sunshine" about 5x each, then go back to bed'
1:30ish- I fall back asleep
2am-Ainsley wakes up crying. A little early for food, I think. I let her fuss for 15 minutes, but then go in and feed her anyway. She's hungry and eats a 'full meal'. takes 20 minutes.
2:50- Ainsley can't get back to sleep- she's crying again. Knowing she's full, I suspect a poopy diaper, so I send Adam in to soothe and change her
3am-We fall back asleep
3:15-Ainsley crying again...I go in this time. Just takes 2 minutes to soothe her, then she's OUT
3:45- Elise wakes up crying again. Adam goes in this time to soothe her. I lay (lie?) awake listening. Only takes 2 minutes.
5am-Ainsley wakes up again to eat (How is this possible!?). Her diaper leaked, so I have to change her outfit, diaper, sheet, etc...total time- 3o minutes...
6am-Ainsley crying again. Still looking for the elusive 'poopy diaper', Adam goes in to change her. She just has wet diaper, but actually GIGGLES at Adam from the changing table and LAUGHS as he puts her back into the crib. (she's seriously mocking us now!)
6:45- Adam wakes up for work. Ainsley crying again....I KNOW she's not hungry at this point, so I put earplugs in and roll back over. She's fine, I'm sure. Adam goes to work
7:45- I wake up for good...nothing like feeling 'refreshed' after a long weekend!!!!!!!!AUGH. I quickly make coffee and spend a few minutes getting ready for the day....although the coffee will do NOTHING for the bags under my eyes!
8:30 Ainsley wakes up to eat again and the day has officially begun.
I think I'll tweak Ainsley's feedings later today so that ALL of us can nap this afternoon!!!!!!
So, again, I'm not complaining. I love being able to comfort the girls, but there's nothing more frustrating than nights like this when I KNOW I'll need energy for the next day and just wish I could rationalize with a 2 year old and a 3 1/2 month old! Yikes.
2 comments:
Yes-- I do remember those nights!!! Sorry--but just give yourself a 'gentle' reminder when you say --oh, 3 kids right now??!!
As you age-you realize God is kind in letting you forget those nights!! Love, Mimi
Good birth control story:)
Post a Comment