Thursday, May 29, 2008

"No Puma"

As we continue to not sleeping well around this house (Adam is out of town for a couple days and I was up at midnight and 4am feeding Ainsley, 5:30 soothing her; and 1am and 5:15 soothing elise! WHAT IS GOING ON around here!?!), there are some moments of humor.
Although we don't watch much TV in general, Elise watches "Dora the Explorer" or "Go,Diego,Go" during breakfast most mornings...not to justify this, but the shows really are cute and VERY educational. They've helped her vocabulary immensely and it's fun to watch her interact with the show. We also think she has a CRUSH on Diego. Sometimes when we're playing outside, she'll invite Diego to come and play with us.... something along the lines of, "C'mon Diego, let's go" "Bubbles outside, Diego" etc...
Diego often helps animals get away from a puma (evidently a top predator in South America where he's located). So, when Elise woke up this morning at 5;30 and was crying, I went into her room to calm her down... she said "No Puma, mommy". I almost laughed out loud. Really!? I think it must've been a legitimate nightmare. so cute. I told her the puma wasn't really there and it was just pretend. She acknowledged that with "pretend puma, mommy. night night now" She went right back to sleep and is still snoozing away now at 8:55... so great.

3 comments:

Case and Los said...

HA HA, we love Elise stories, so funny! p.s. HOW in the world did you get your music to "shuffle"? I want to do that!

Case and Los said...

p.s. Elise is now on our blog, those pics cracked us up so much!

Anonymous said...

I love checking these out-just have to get in the habit! Stairs look great. Glad the puma is gone, elise!! Love, mimi