As I open her door and walk in, she's sitting up in bed, knees tucked under her arms, and she's holding onto her feet.
"MY TOES ARE ALL WRINKLY"....she cries...
?
I try not to laugh out loud (unsuccessfully, really), give her a hug, and cuddle for about 5 seconds while she falls back asleep. She wasn't even awake! I'm sure she'll have no recollection of it in the morning.
Bummer is that the sun was already up a little and the adrenaline rush woke ME up fully , so I didn't get to fall totally back asleep...oh well, that's what the Espresso maker is for.
**Disclaimer...I'm not being whiny! I'm laughing about this. Our kids are GREAT SLEEPERS in general and, at 8:22 am on a Saturday, ALL THREE are still totally zonked out asleep. =) *****
2 comments:
hardest I've laughed today, man, she's a keeper
funny, my word verification is toeresti, perhaps a double entendre?
8:22 am, and still zonked out? I'm jealous. That sounds nice. I think Hannah would be up for it, but Faith likes to wake us all up by 7:15 (which really isn't bad, compared to a lot of other kiddos). But, my hubby is a morning person, and I am not, so when he is home, he lets me sleep in a bit. I'm usually out of bed by 8:30 on those sleep in days. What happened to the days of sleeping late? I just can't do it anymore.
Post a Comment