Afternoons are tough in our household some days...it's when Mitchell sleeps well, but the girls want to be awake and playing. It's when I'd like to be prepping dinner, but can't get 2 minutes of 'focused' time to marinade chicken and chop lettuce. It's also when I'd love to just be SILLY with my precious girls because I KNOW these days won't last forever and I'll always treasure this stage in life. It's also tricky when Adam is out of town and it's raining for the 7th DAY.IN.A.ROW. Really? Yes...Not constant thunderstorms and rain, but just enough that everything outside is soggy, grumpy, and 100% humidity. yay.
So, there was one day this week (Monday? Tuesday?...I really have no idea?...), I had the ironing board out. No, really, I did! Ainsley asked "What dat, Mommy?" Shhh, kid! don't tell people how mommy RUNS up the stairs to pull clothes out of the dryer AS THE buzzer sounds just so she won't EVER have to actually iron something! but it's true.
Anyway, Elise thought the ironing board looked like checkout lane at the grocery store, so we went with that. I made "Scavenger Hunt/Grocery lists" for she and Ainsley and they went shopping in the playroom, had to put everything in their cart/stroller/bag, check it off on their list, Elise had to "sound out" some of the words, an then bring it to me as the cashier. We'd run it over the scanner, make the "BEEP" sound, bag it in our reusable bags, and then put everything back in it's home in the playroom. I loved it. We had fun, didn't make too much of a mess, got to be a little creative, etc...it was cute. =)
Special note: Ainsley came over TWICE to the checkout line with a toy cell phone to her ear. She was "talking" to daddy once, a friend the other time...HA! Not like she ever sees me on the phone...whatever. Here's Ainsley on the phone:
Enjoy. She's so focused. Adorable.
1 comment:
This is adorable!! Love the idea, too! And ...how ironic. I, like you, pulled my iron out this week and had to dust it off before using it :)
Post a Comment