Wednesday, September 3, 2008

5 Day Forecast...

After just getting a lot of rain from Hurricane Gustav, we're really starting to brace ourselves for TS/Hurricane HANNA. It's crazy how there are three named storms all brewing together in the Atlantic right now. We're REALLY hoping that our roof on the house in Jax holds tight. (We just learned over the weekend that it's "significantly leaking"....hmmm...not great timing!). Adam is traveling for a couple days, so he called to tell me to start mentally prepping to leave the house and head up to stay with friends in NC. So, we're looking around the house at what we'd grab and run with, if necessary. Things like our wedding album, computer, a few important books, ...is my latte machine considered "essential"?!
Wouldn't it be nice if, in life, we could always see a "5 Day Cone of prediction"?! I mean, to know a "storm" was coming would be so helpful. To be aware of the need to store up some energy, water, batteries, etc...in the thought that there was imminent turmoil in the forecast could be nice. Although I guess that would take out a lot of the joy of life, too. Faith and trust in God wouldn't be as necessary. So, I guess it wouldn't be such a great thing after all... I'd rather follow God and experience all the joy, expectation, challenges, etc...that come with that. That answers my own question I guess. I'd choose God. Although, some days a little peek at the forecast would be nice, too!

1 comment:

jennifer said...

latte machines are always essential... don't forget to bring doc and jing with you too. keep us updated... i'll be praying for you. :-)