Let's talk about how even though I have a pretty tough stomach and even enjoy those "surgery documentaries" on TV. The blood, guts, etc.. doesn't usually phase me. However, about 20 minutes ago, I found myself choking a little and experienced some serious gagging. UGH!
Elise, Ainsley and I were upstairs getting ready for naps. Ainsley was on changing table and had a HUGE, NASTY, diarrhea-filled diaper (not uncommon for her). Since we use cloth diapers, you don't 'wrap it all up' like a nice little present. I set it on the floor by the door so I could rinse and dunk it in the toilet. Mistake.
Elise was running around like a crazy-kid and having so much fun. In one of her spinning-frenzies, apparently one foot stepped directly in the mess of poo. I didn't see it and Elise didn't realize it right away- until the spinning stopped a few seconds later and there was poo EVERYWHERE. In the hall, between elise's toes, up her leg. I yelled "freeze". She did and I grabbed her up, she squirmed once (still laughing at herself), the poo got on my hand, leg, and sleeve. We got her cleaned up, but I was gagging the whole time. I've cleaned up their feces 1000x, so I don't know why it totally grossed me out, but it was bad. The worst part is that I can't clean it all the way up until naps are over and Adam is home. I may even have to throw on a cartoon this afternoon and work on it before 6. I don't know if I can relax knowing there is poo smooshed in my carpet for the next 4 hours.
That's why we own an industrial-strength steam cleaner. I've washed my hands about 5 times and now I'm having some late lunch. MMMMmmmm.
Friday, October 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
that makes me touching dog poo the other day seem like nothing.
but it makes for an awesome story!! and congrats Elise for being binky-free!
OK--I am laughing so hard I have tears in my eyes. Always funnier when someone else has all the gross stuff!
mimi
Post a Comment