Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Where to begin?

Ok, since I have the need to keep this chronological, I'll start the updates from almost 2 weeks ago. yikes. I'll keep them brief since Elise is at school, Ainsley is sleeping, I'm doing laundry and cooking baby food while I work on this, too...
Adam had a Court Martial (or something like that-whatever-he was in court) a few hours away on a Saturday. Since the NAVY was paying for his travel, hotel, etc...we decided it would be fun (!) to join him. One of my college roommates lives about 10 minutes from the hotel (all part of the plan...), I'd get to spend the day with her family, meet her kids, etc... we drove up on Friday, only slept about 4 hours Friday night because Elise didn't adjust well to being in a hotel! At one point, we just turned on the water at the sink in the hotel room to create some "white noise" so that Elise's crying wouldn't wake up Ainsley...every little bit of tree-hugger in me was CRINGING, but the fact that both kids were asleep won me over. It lasted maybe an hour...sorry to the environment. I had to do it.
The 8 or so hours we spent with my friend Steph was a BREATH OF FRESH AIR. It was great to see them (their kids are 8,6,4, and 2). WOW. The three oldest are boys and are adorable! Little Claire is so sweet and a blast to be around. In the midst of total craziness (a joint 6/8 year old birthday party for HER kids, soccer games, etc...), it was great to be with them. Steph has always had a wonderful attitude about family, kids, etc...and it is wonderful to watch her and Ian with their kids. They have a great balance between discipline, love, and fun. Their house is kind of a disaster, but how could it be any different with 4 active kids!? I loved (am I saying this?) the mess and the chaos. Elise was in HEAVEN with all the kids and toys, Ainsley just explored the whole time- practicing her walking skills while pushing a grocery cart around...it was great.
Although I'm pretty sure we're NOT planning on having 4 kids of our own, I would love my house/family/attitude to look like Steph's if we did! But, I would also want a nanny and/or grandparents to live nearby, and a lawn service, and a cleaning person...but that's all. =)

2 comments:

Paul said...

yeah!! new blogs.

tem said...

I think Muriel and I could take turns being nearby....love, mimi