Tuesday, October 14, 2008

When Mommy is away...

I have a great weekend to blog about, also, but I'm in the midst of packing for another trip- 6 days to Florida to visit friends in Jacksonville, be in Steve/Mary's wedding, etc...but I HAVE to share a quick story from just a few hours ago...
Our great neighbor Jean wanted to go for a walk, so she took Elise in the jogging stroller so I could get some stuff done while Ainsley was napping. What a blessing! They did a quick 45 minute walk around the neighborhood. As they came home, they passed the pond (this is typical). We usually take some stale bread to feed the fish and turtles, but I forgot to send it with Jean. I guess this was the conversation that followed:

Elise: Miss Jean, can we feed fishies and turtles?
Jean: Elise, we don't have any food for them today, maybe tomorrow
Elise: I can share my snack with them if I want
Jean: I don't know if Mommy would want you to give the fish your yummy snack, though
Elise: Well...hmmmm.....but I not wif Mommy, I wif Miss Jean. So I can share my snack with fishies and turtles.

HILARIOUS!?!?! Are kids supposed to know that logic before 3 years old!?! Hmmm...Jean said she almost fell over laughing and couldn't wait to tell me when they got home.! I also love it that Jean knows how cheap I am and knew I wouldn't want the fish to get the 'first run' food of Cheerios and Raisins...they only get the junk we won't eat! =)

8 comments:

KM said...

oh, man...you guys might be in trouble soon.

Case and Los said...

She's brilliant, really; way ahead of her time. Maybe rather than getting you guys in trouble, she'll make you a fortune somehow:)

Anonymous said...

when mommy is away....she doesn't blog for a week and a half?

when mommy is away...she leaves her adoring readers refreshing the page hoping for a new update?

when mommy is away..._________________ (fill in your own Moseley madlib in protest of the communications blackout!!)

A, E, e, a said...

Hilarious...someone is pretty funny. Ohh...I've got several blogs built-up in my head and camera, so you just wait! We just got back in town yesterday after (basically) 11 days of traveling...so, I need a day or two to recover. Who wrote that last post!?

Anonymous said...

The Masked Commenter shall never be, well, ahem, unmasked!!!

A, E, e, a said...

So...if "anonymous" is checking back in...we're guessing it's STERB. Eloquently written, humorous, and the hint of a "Madlib" tipped us off. Are we correct?

Anonymous said...

Not sure who, or what, a STERB is, so it is with some trepidation that say you are wrong. I don't think I'm a STERB--whatever that may mean--but I've been called worse.

Hint: its the alleged idiot who failed to use high gloss interior paint in his or her former residence, thus leading to much moaning and consternation from the wacky new owners.

A, E, e, a said...

A-ha! I actually thought it was you guys FIRST, but then Adam convinced me it was a friend from the Kitty Hawk. Ask him- you were my initial thought! It was the quality of writing that gave you away.