Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Pumpkin Patch...Volume II

Elise and Grayson playing so well together!

This was well supervised!!! They were 'pretending' to nap together!

After traveling to Greenville, we had 2 quick days of turnover, and then headed to Florida for Steve and Mary's wedding (more on that later!) On the way to Gainesville, we spent 36 hours in Jacksonville visiting Mike, Konomi, and Grayson...we hadn't seen them in almost 8 months and I was in major withdrawal after seeing them DAILY in Japan. It's always nice to catch up with them, and Elise and Grayson played together like they never missed a beat. She's asked for him everyday since we left, too...that part makes me sad. =(.
When we all lived in Jax, there were about 5-6 of us that hung out every Sunday night watching Desperate Housewives, drinking some adult beverages, etc...at the time, Konomi was the only one of us with kids. Now, there are 6 kids (+1 pregnant) and we're spread out around the country. Three of us got the kiddos together for a little photo shoot at a Pumpkin Patch. It was DISASTROUS! We had good intentions, but here's a syn0psis...it really went wrong on so many levels...
*Elise didn't sleep well the night before...I ended up sharing a twin bed with her, but no blankets. I was GRUMPY, so was she.
*It was 89 degrees outside. Unseasonably hot for mid-Oct, even in Jacksonville!
*Ainsley had a fever of about 102. I didn't know that at the time, but realized it when we got home from the pumpkin patch
*Grayson also was sick. He'd been fighting off something, but had a fever, too
*We put Elise in an extra costume of Madeline's....head-t0-toe fleece
*Grayson was in head-t0-toe fleece, also
*It was 89 degrees. Did I mention that already? I'd be pissy in all that fleece in the heat also...
*We didn't want a crowded street in the background, so we had to face INTO the Sun...you'll see ...and try to smile

That's enough...you'll see from a few pictures how well it went. We'll just laugh at these now and realize that none of them will be framed and put on a wall anywhere!

madeline, grayson, elise...all relatively happy
Madeline is bored, Elise is antsy...

We thought we'd add Ainsley...she totally FREAKED out over the costumes!

All three kids are BORED/hot/grumpy... I was trying to cheer up Ainsley, but really just LAUGHING soooo hard!

Ainsley can't open her eyes, Elise wouldn't even LOOK at the camera now

AFTER the event, back in the A/C...Elise was much happier!

7 comments:

Paul said...

I just laughed out loud at the first picture with Ainsley... that is hilarious. I love the looks of concern on the other kids' faces. Thank you for sharing this one... so cute.

jennifer said...

paul is actually jen.:-)

KM said...

oh man, that picture of you cracking up with ainsley crying is hi-larious.

Michelle said...

Elise looks like she is getting so TALL!!

A, E, e, a said...

She is so tall! My little Amazon is the same size as some 4 year olds at her pre-school...and she's not even 3 yet! =)

Case and Los said...

Man, my blog wasn't updating me about yours! These are so funny. Love all the stories, and photos. I want some Jesus too:)

tem said...

Tears in my eyes laughing at ainsley 'shrieking' at the costumes. So so funny...