So, Elise is going on 3 and she still sleeps with a pacifier. There. I said it. I'm sure many of you are thinking we're horrible parents now that you know that. Between the deployments overseas, the move back here without Adam, the new baby joining the family, etc...I've just been too much of a wimp to deal with it. I just kept saying, "once things settle down a little bit and she can handle another transition , then we'll take it away...". And so she'll be 3 in January and still sucks that thing. (Which, maybe it's genetic, b/c I think I had a pacifier until I was, like, 5 or something). So, we've been talking about it for awhile and we finally decided to take it away COLD TURKEY. She was all excited to "give it to Ainsley" tonight, so we made a big presentation out of it. That was at bedtime, which was 7:30. It's now 8:30 and she's still crying. Not asking for "Binky" at all, but I went up and sat with her, sang songs, cuddled, etc... for 20 minutes. She lasted about 5 minutes after I left. Now Adam is up there with her. Poor thing, she just needs something comforting and soothing.
BTW- They're adorable to watch together on the video monitor. I think Adam may actually fall asleep in her bed. That wouldn't be the first time that HE fell asleep while soothing her. We'll see how long this goes tonight. Anyone willing to share a 'success' story for getting ready of a pacifier is welcome to share it with us!
Friday, October 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm pretty sure Uncle Kelly just stopped using his pacifier at night...maybe he has some advice.
i'm pretty sure i did suck my thumb until 2nd grade.
don't make me play the humpty card, paul.
Post a Comment